Saturday, January 8, 2022

Pinewood Derby 2022!

 The derby is back in person!  Virtual was good for last year but nothing beats watching the scouts as they see the cars they built themselves go down the track.


What's the most important part of the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby?  The parent oath.

I understand and agree that the following statements are true:

The purpose of the pinewood derby is to build a car WITH my Cub Scout.
The race held today is a fun event for the children to enjoy.
This is a silly event for kids to play with the cars they made.

The race will not be fair.
One lane is faster than the others.
The cars were not lined up right.
And it doesn't matter.

I therefore promise:
I will not complain.
I will not try to fix the track.
I will not try to explain to the leaders how to do it right.
I will only praise and support the races
and I promise always to behave myself.
I swear to follow these rules.